You understand that many online software packages including, but not limited to, Google and Xero, store data in facilities which may not be wholly or in part, based on Australian shores, and therefore may not fall under the jurisdiction of the Australian Privacy Principles. We and any third parties or software providers we engage now and in the future, will take all reasonable steps to provide for the security of such stored data to the extent possible and act in accordance with the terms as provided by those third parties and software packages. You may refuse to work with us where you deem the risk of data breach to be greater than the convenience and cost effectiveness of the solution provided. To disengage our services, please notify us in writing and we will take measures to remove your details from our system.
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when you provide information directly to Us in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic, via our communication tools or otherwise);
- when you visit and/or use the Website, in which case, We record information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other access device; and
- from third parties such as Our related entities, service providers to Us, operators of linked websites, applications and advertising on the Website.
What we collect
- your name, phone number, mobile telephone number, email address, physical address and other contact information;
- feedback, market research and opinion polls provided by you;
- financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers provide by you;
- records and content of communications with Us or any other person including when using Website communication tools;
- personal information based on your activities on the Website;
- personal information you provide to us through any discussions boards, correspondence, user information pages, disputes, or shared by you from other social applications, services or websites;
- to the extent permitted by law, other personal information provided by or obtained from third parties (such as a credit bureau) including navigation and demographic data and credit check information;
- personal information from your interaction with the Website and its content and advertising, including device identifiers, device type, geo-location information, connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, mobile network information, time, date, referring URL, the type of operating system and browser, ad data, IP address and standard web log data.
How personal information is used
Our principal purpose in collecting, using and storing your personal information is to provide you with access to and use of the Website in a personalised, safe and efficient manner. You consent to us collecting, using, storing and sharing your personal information to:
- operate the Website, generate content and provide customer support and billing services (including updates and improvements);
- provide the services requested by you;
- provide you with information via blogs, general email and online correspondence and newsletters;
- research, develop and improve Our services;
- to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with Our services;
- to generate statistics in relation to the Website;
- verify information for accuracy or completeness (including by way of verification with third parties);
- contact you at your contact details we have collected, by way of voice call, post, text message or email;
- aggregate and/or make anonymous your personal information, so that it cannot be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you;
- collect fees, resolve disputes and to identify, test and resolve problems;
- notify you about the Website and updates to the Website from time to time; or
- supply you with generalised, targeted or personalised marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications based on your preferences, and measure and improve our marketing, advertising and promotions based on your ad customisation preferences.
Disclosure to third parties
Notwithstanding section 5 above, you agree that we may disclose your personal information to:
- comply with any applicable law, request by a governmental agency or regulatory authority or legally binding court order;
- respond to or resolve claims that a member has violated the rights of others;
- protect a person’s rights, property or safety;
- Our directors, staff, contractors, professional advisers and related entities;
- outsourced service providers who assist Us to provide its services such as information technology providers and marketing advisers (including in relation to fee collection, fraud investigations and Website operations);
- third parties to whom you expressly ask us to send, or consent to us sending, your personal information;
- credit agencies (including regarding missed and late payments or other defaults or breaches on your account); or
Cookies may be used to provide you with our range of services including to identify you as a user or member of the Website, remember your preferences, customise and measure the effectiveness of the Website and our promotions, advertising and marketing, analyse your usage of the Website, and for security purposes.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not:
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Lightning Sites to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _lsite_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _lsite_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
You also may encounter Cookies used by third parties and placed on certain pages of the Website that we do not control and have not authorised (such as webpages created by another user). We is not responsible nor liable for the use of such Cookies.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
You are prohibited from engaging in spam, spyware or spoofing type activities, regardless of whether directed towards Us or other users of Us.
You are not permitted to add a user or member to our mailing list (postal or email details included) without the written consent of a user or member.
To report spam, spyware or spoof activities to Us, please email us on the details below.
Storage and security
We store and process your personal information on our host’s servers, currently located in multiply locations around the world. You consent to the transfer, storage and retention of that information onto the servers of our host provider used from time to time by Us, regardless of the location of those servers.
We have taken steps to protect your personal information by contracting with a third party to provide technical and security measures. These measures are designed to mitigate, but do not guarantee against, the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration.